Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Musical 2008 - His Story (Day 2)

The 2nd night of our musical went very well.

We were informed right before the Musical started that one of the air-conditioners would be switched off. "What???" we exclaimed. We were so worried that the sound would be worse than Day 1.

People were literally sauntering into the sanctuary. By 7.45pm, we were only at 70% filled. But by 8.10pm, the sanctuary was filled and some of the late comers had to go to the overflow room, where they would have to watch from the live feed.

Sharon and I were all the more worried about the quality of the sound system.

From the 1st to the last song, the choir sounded great. The soloists and other singers sounded great too. It was one of the best that we've done so far. Err... except for one part which Jo forgot the second part of a line, but she stood there smiling sweetly, I think no one noticed much. :)

Towards the 2nd half of the musical, I was feeling so hot, I was convinced I was begining to melt. I was told that for the rest of the people, the temperature was just nice.
Once again, the lights team did very well. Bravo!!!! (can you tell that I am very biased?) The props team did well too.

I remember on the 1st night, FC did comment at different times to adjust our lights, but there was no comments from him at all yesterday. I asked FC about it and he said that we handled it well and that he thinks that for our 3rd night, he doesn't need to be in the sanctuary at all!!!

Sharon and I asked Steve why the music/choir sounded good when it was so warm. He explained that they came earlier to adjust the sound with the room temperature (they had to estimate the room temperature to be able to get things balanced). Wow! I thought "Sound" is only "off" or "on". I didn't know that it takes a lot of estimation, juggling from one thing to another, etc to get things right. Sounds very challenging to me. Hmm.. do you think perhaps I should try out being in the "sound" team in future? Err... I am not saying that I want to be in that team next year. Maybe in the far future. Hm... maybe not THAT far cause as I get older, hearing might be a problem - that is if I take after my father.

I brought my Canon DSLR and managed to catch some pictures when I was not too busy with the lights. Actually, with our ever efficient Debra (our prompter), I was able to snap even in between shifting the light controls.

I was doubly surprised that FC didn't nudge me to say "Hey! Concentrate on your lights". I guess what they say about ladies being able to multi-task is true. :)

Okay, here are some pictures which I managed to capture. I couldn't capture scenes like the garden of Gathsemane and Jesus dying on the cross because it was simply too dark. Others like "Glory! Glory", "Hosanna" and Jesus coming out from the tomb can't be captured because I was busy with the light controls.
From Heaven's Throne, God sent His only Son, Jesus, to earth
Angel Gabriel spoke to Joseph and Mary about the virgin birth
"No more rooms" - Joseph and a very pregnant Mary were looking for a place to stay in Bethlehem
Jesus was born in a stable
Shepherds saw the star and went to Bethlehem to visit the new born King
King Herod, upon hearing the news of the new born King, sent out a decree to kill all boys aged 2 and below to end the threat
30 years later, Jesus began His ministry - calling of the disciples, teaching the people and performing miracles
The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the lame will walk and the dead will live again
Jesus, having his last supper with his disciples, prior to being betrayed by Judas
The road to Calvary - where he was stripped, beaten, spit upon and eventually, hung on the cross
The resurrection of Jesus

Finale - the choir and cast

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The two nativity scenes you took are Superlative!!!