Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chinese New Year - 1st Day

We always go to my parents' place for breakfast on the 1st day of Chinese New Year. Two reasons : one is to fill our stomachs and the other is to get all those exchanging of ang pows over and done with.

The day before, David messaged my sisters and I the following :-


So, according to the message, mum will be going to Kuala Pilah at 10.30am. I figured that if we got there by 9.30am, we'd still have time to eat and give out the ang pows.

Little did I know that early meant 8.30am. So, whose fault was it that Rajen and I got there at 9.30am?

En greeted us. She was carrying Molly Bear. Probably trying to teach Molly manners.


There was quite a spread on the table : Eggs, cocktail sausages, fried luncheon meat, chips, baked beans and of course, bread. A good hearty English breakfast. I forgot to bring cheese from home but the baked beans more than made up for it.


After breakfast, we gave out the ang pows. Rajen went around singing "Gong Xi, Gong Xi, Gong Xi Ni" and saying "Sun Nin Fai Lok" - both probably means "wishing you good luck in the new year" ... or something like that.



Everyone was in a CNY mood. Some wore red. And that included Molly, who wore her new dress which Tusi made. Yeah, yeah, I know! Molly looked older than me but hey! she's a bargaining chip between En and her parents!

4 comments:

ViveAlive said...

Emmmm...why Rajen is not wearing red colour Shirt??? Hey, he still keep one ang pau for me?

Anyway, Gong Xi Fa Chai

Rachel said...

We couldn't find the "chinese" shirt which we bought from China so Rajen just grabbed the first shirt he saw in the cupboard.

Sorry, no ang pow for you! You're married!

Happy New Year to you too. :)

Jian said...

Why don't have ur own picture one???
Hahaha...

Rachel said...

I'm BEHIND the camera!