Monday, January 12, 2009

First Cell Meeting in 2009


I wasn't sure who would be in cell this year. I mean, a few of them sat for their SPM exams last year and I wasn't sure if they had already started their semester in college. Some could've been working during this interim period.

Dino and WeiLoong came at 7.30pm. By ten to eight, there were only a handful of people. Then Ah Jian came. I looked at him in surprise and he explained that the MRYC will be combining with us because most of their other cell members would not be around.
.
By 8pm, there were so many of us. Gosh!!! I was hoping for a relatively decent (and by that, I mean about 12-15 people) size but at the end of it, 28 people (6 from MRYC and 22 from YCYC) turned up.
.
It was certainly a good start to a new year.
.
Samantha came for the very first time. The rest were "old" faces. Bernard had chicken pox and couldn't make it. And Qing had to work.
.
We are believing God for a great number of people in our cell this year ... and hopefully, with this "new" batch of people, we'll be able to gel well and get to know more and more people.
.
Shannon did the ice breaker : The happiest moment in 2008. Well, like I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs, I am not the kind who'd reflect much on the past. I gave the first thing that came into my mind : Anniversary in Cat City. Surprisingly, so was Rajen's.
.
Our first lesson for the year (led by Rajen) was "Owe no man any debt except love". It was so appropriate, given the fact that we are currently facing an economic slowdown.

Then there were a few testimonies, prayer and the FOOD!!!

2 comments:

Jian said...

From now on call Ah Jian,Ian...
My Christian name is Ian...
=p

Rachel said...

Ian!!! Doesn't suit you at all!