Friday, January 16, 2009

A Moment of Frustration


I discovered Bejeweled (it's a mild computer game, ok!! Not some fancy bling-blings) a few years ago when DavidY told me that I could download some "free" (for a while, anyway) games from addictivegames.com (err... I can't really remember the exact name of that site).

And yes, I was completely glued to the computer after that.

When the game became chargeable (I think they get you so addicted to the game, you'd pay whatever amount to continue fueling your cravings), I decided not to give in to their clever marketing strategy. I turned to those really FREE games such as err... Free Cell.

When I got the iphone, I checked out the games/applications/etc that I can download for free (yeah, yeah... call me cheapskate if you like). Bible was free. I installed that. Fring was free. WorldWiki was free. Facebook was free. GPS tracker was free. PAC-MAN lite was free. Whoppeeeee.... I downloaded them all.

Then I came across Bejeweled 2. Gulp! USD2.99 screamed out at me. I was so tempted by this game, I press the install button before my conscience took over.

And before I knew it, I had purchased the game and it has now become part of my everyday life.

I was a little rusty at the game after not playing it for at least a couple of years. By level 3, "No more moves" would jump out of the screen.

Then I got smarter. I began to plan my moves and I got better. I went from level 1 to level 2 to level 3 .... and when I got to level 15, I decided not to allow anyone else to play this game. I wanted to see how long I could continue with this game.

Level 20.... level 21 ..... level 22 ..... level 23 .....

One evening, I was a little bored and decided to continue playing. I think I must've accidentally hit the "Start over" button instead of "Continue from last game".

And before my very eyes, I was back to Level 1.

Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I couldn't believe it!! I kicked myself for not paying attention to where I clicked on.

And now, I am at level 11. I am now more careful at which button I press the moment I press the "Bejeweled 2" tab.

2 comments:

Kastina said...

Have you tried mini putt???? Lemmings is good too. But yes, I know this game is very addicting!

Rachel said...

Nope, I haven't tried the mini putt, nor the lemmings. Is it as addictive as Bejeweled?