Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas is Over

Chinese New Year lasts 15 days.
.
Hari Raya Aidilfitri is 30 days.
.
And technically, we have 12 days of Christmas.

But with the New Year celebration and new school semester only a week after Christmas, many people don't feel the Christmas mood the minute the clock strikes 12 on Christmas night.

January 5th is the last day of Christmas.

Yesterday, being January 6th, I took down the atrificial Christmas tree that has been up in my house for a mere 18 days. The whole process took me 2.5 hours.

Baubles - I think I had about 120 baubles on the tree this year.

.

A total of 70 star shaped, crystal-like (actually, they are only plastic) and sprayed textured snowflake ornaments.
.

Eight feathered birds. Originally, I had only 6 of them, as each cost RM12.90 (I think). The extra two were given by Camy last year.
.
20 sticks of berries. I wanted the tree to be "fruitful" ;-)



And lights!!!! 16 sets, which is equivalent to 1600 bulbs. I didn't know I put up so many lights. I think it's normally 1400 or so. No wonder the tree looked so bright and sparkly this year.




And finally, the fake tree that is going to go into a box for "hibernation" until the next Christmas season.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

one pic missing...the finished product...where's the pic of the tree????cheh....feel cheated...

Rachel said...

Pic of the tree:- check it out at http://memoriesabound.blogspot.com/2008/12/presents.html