Saturday, January 31, 2009

Water Dispenser

This water dispenser has served us hot and chilled water for more than 3 years. Last month, when lightning struck, both the fax and water dispenser were spoilt. Fax was important enough to warrant special and immediate attention. We purchased a new fax (for the 3rd time!!!) almost rightaway - of course, being in this company, red tape was inevitable.
.
A few days ago, my boss noticed that I was always going to her side of the office carrying a thermos flask. I explained that I wasn't feeling too well and needed to drink lots of hot (bordering on warm) water. I added that lightning struck and we have been without hot water for a month now.
.
I told her that I thought of getting the normal hot and warm water dispenser but she said that I could boil the water using the (very old) jug kettle and fill it into a bigger (and better) Thermos flask.
.
WHAT???
.
Who would have the time to do all those? As if reading my mind, she said that the cleaner lady could do it every morning.
.
My question is .... if I had to go get a better Thermos flask which would cost about RM100, it's better that I get a new water dispenser, which would cost less than that amount.
.
It wasn't conclusive and for a moment, I wondered what would happen if the situation was reversed.
.

Anyway, I was about to start looking to buy one when someone gave me this for FREE!!!! I think it must have cost RM140.
.
God is really very good!!!! He knows our needs. But sigh! I'm still pretty mad as my boss' suggestion.

No comments: