Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year Reunions

January 1st, 2009

A new day, a new month, a new year. And I wanted to sleep in.
.
But I remembered that I had to make the Konyaku jelly for Auntie Annie. So, with great reluctance, I dragged myself out of bed at 8am.
.
I woke Rajen up at 9am so that we could go to Ah Seng's coffeeshop for breakfast. Having breakfast with Rajen is quite rare and we try as much as possible to have it together whenever we can - usually it totals to about 5-8 times a year (and that includes church camps and birthdays).
Lunch was in the Royal Selangor Club in Mont Kiara organised by Aunty Olive.
.
We picked Rajen's mother and sister at 11.40am and arrived there at 12.40pm. Others present were Aunty Grace, Aunty Voilet, Aunty Margaret and Cecelia.
.
We ordered Chinese dishes - Crispy chicken with lemon sauce, fish fillet with black pepper sauce, vegetable with mushroom, claypot taufu, sweet and sour chicken and fried kuey teow.
.


We had ice kacang for dessert. Err... not very nice because they didn't have gula melaka in it.
.
We left the club at 3.30pm and got back at 5pm, after dropping my in-laws back home.
.
Dinner was at Aunty Annie and Uncle Guru's place.

Food was a mixture of malay, indian and chinese.
.

Aunty Lily's curry puffs were a hit!!!! I think I must've eaten 3-4 of them BEFORE having my dinner.
.

Sometime during the evening, Joelle played the violin and earned applause from everyone.
.

Others were scattered all over the house, chit-chatting with one another.

No comments: