Friday, January 30, 2009

Chinese New Year - 2nd Day

On the 2nd Day of CNY, we gathered at Uncle Alan's place for lunch. It's another Yeoh tradition.
.


Aunty Alice cooked all the dishes. Because of the heat, I didn't feel like stuffing myself. I only ate 2 pieces of fried chicken (simply can't resist it) and the traditional turnip dish cooked the Hokkien way. David insisted that the "hum choy" soup was simply delicious. I took half a bowl because I was already feeling so warm and didn't want to sweat too much. David was right! Soup was GREAT... err... a little too salty (hmmm. maybe that was why I liked it so much) though. Soup, according to David, was boiled overnight and when I scooped it into my bowl, it was still boiling. I burned my tongue drinking it. And that gave me the excuse to eat more of Aunty Lily's agar-agar. :) I also drank a little of the "tong sui" because Sharon said that it tasted good.
.

We "lou sang" after lunch - children and adult alike.

.


Someone bought firecrackers and lit it. This used to be a norm in almost every Chinese household until it was "banned" because a lot of people burned their fingers while lighting it.
.


Eunice and I went to KL a week ago and bought this shirt for Dad for CNY. When Dad saw Jaden, both realised that they were wearing the same shirt.
.


Here's a picture of all the younger generation - candid shots because most of them didn't want to pose for me.

No comments: